Charles Blahous of the Mercatus Center and Hoover Institution describes how the ObamaCare he made in 2010 have proved correct, and the predictions of Obamacare supports have proved false. The predictions include:
- States will make a variety of decisions with respect to expanding Medicaid.
- Expanding Medicaid will cost the states money, in part because of the “woodwork effect.”
- The ACA will significantly worsen the federal budget deficit.
- Expanding health insurance coverage will increase health service consumption and costs.
- There was a substantial risk that cost savings projected for several ACA provisions would not fully materialize.